Donors to a nonprofit organization may designate—or restrict—the use of their donations to a particular purpose or project. However, making general, unrestricted donations allows for the non-profit to allocate the funds to what they have decided is their greatest need.
As an independent, non-profit large equipment purchases such as these can be made less arduous with the support from outside sources such as individual donors, corporations, and foundations. This support can also aid us in providing access to this equipment to those who may otherwise not have the financial means normally necessary to do so. With upgraded diagnostic and surgical equipment, we can better serve Fort Bend County and surrounding communities.
- New MRI and CT Machine for our Jackson Street Campus
- New Surgical Endoscopes
- This year’s Restaurant Weeks 2022, Leave A Mark program, and our all new Donut’s and Designers (historically Power of the Purse) event will raise funds for new surgical endoscopes.
Indigent Care Program
- This program helps us achieve our goal of improving access to health care for individuals who do not have the financial means to pay for it. Ultimately, resulting in a healthier community. In 2021, OakBend spent $18 million to offer $83.6 million in services to uninsured and underinsured patients.
- First seen in 2020, this program helps cover the cost uninsured or underinsured children seen in our Emergency Rooms.
- Since the program’s inception, 34 patient visits, at a total cost of $11,279.78, have been covered by funds raised for this program.
Gifts of Gratitude Program
- As OakBend Medical Center’s grateful patient program, “Gifts of Gratitude” gives our patients who have had a good experience or developed a positive relationship with their caregiver to give back to our hospital by making a donation to support us in our goal to become the best community healthcare organization.
Fundraising Events (Click on each event to learn more)
- This event is all new and will be a charity BINGO event with the chance for participants to win designer purses all whilst enjoying gourmet donuts paired with wine from Richmond’s local Braman Winery & Brewery
- Participating restaurants and individuals host OakBend Restaurant Weeks events for the entire month of April. These events range from celebrations accompanied by craft beer and barbecue pairings to more private events catered by a professional chef. There is sure to be something everyone can enjoy!
- In 2021, we remodeled the program to what it is now. Historically local restaurants agreed to have an OakBend special in which, upon purchase of the special, a percentage of the proceeds would go to our hospital. With this change to this program we were able to raise a grand total of about $57,000.00 toward the purchase of an upgraded MRI and CT machine for our Jackson Street Campus.
- Held in the months of August and September in 2021, our OakBend staff and all members of our devoted Board of Directors managed to exceed our goal of $125,000 by raising over $130,000.
- This program encourages members of the OakBend family to embrace our core value of “Ownership.” Ownership to us is about taking the initiative to support the mission of our hospital, to provide high-quality care, regardless of patients’ ability to pay. Giving back to our hospital is just one way our staff and supporters take that initiative.
- In 2022, our Leave A Mark program will be raising funds for new surgical endoscopes.
- “Patchwork” as it is commonly called, is OakBend’s largest fundraising event of the year. In 2022 we will hold our 9th annual Patchwork of Life Event. The name “Patchwork” is representative of the quilt produced, traditionally by our supporter, Pat Hebert, and now by one of our own hospital staff, from the sales of personalized Quilt squares sewn together to represent the community members and staff who join together in support of our hospital for this event. Traditionally this event was held in person, but the last two years we have moved to a virtual model of the event. Our virtual model allowed our sponsors to enjoy a meal during the event catered by OakBend in the comfort of their own home, in the company of their close friends. Through many generous donations, sponsorships, Patchwork quilt square purchases, and live auction bids we have been able to make this event a success for the past eight years.
- In 2021, we raised almost $320,000 for an upgraded MRI and CT machine at our Jackson Street Campus.
- As a global philanthropic movement, “Giving Tuesday” falls on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
- OakBend appeals to members of the community to make general donations to support our hospital’s greatest need.